"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Kindergarten


Here is Shadd's school picture from this year.  Missing teeth and all. Just so thankful he is a boy. I mean we just grabbed a t-shirt and it was another day. Now ells will probably want a fancy dress and curls or something.

Something I haven't quite figured out yet though is how to get much information out of this boy. He will give small bits and pieces but for the most part I haven't learned too much about what goes on day to day in his classroom. So we tried a coffee date. I had to run an errand so it was exactly how I wanted it to go but still it was nice to spend one on one time with him. Its tough to schedule but something d and I are trying to put more and more effort into. We want them to know we value them and with three others demanding my attention its tough to get a quiet moment to really listen to each one of my kiddos. Any tips? I would love to hear them.


1 comment:

  1. Andie talks my ear off only at night, so I lay in bed with her every night for 10 minutes and that is when she chats. Isaac is tougher! But I notice he will talk a lot when we are out for a walk. He likes to be doing something like scooting or biking or walking and then he tells me more on that one hour a week than he tells me the rest of the week! I think just knowing you are there to listen is important and sometimes they have a lot to say and sometimes just want to be with you......and you do an awesome job with that!

    ReplyDelete